POSITION: US Credit and Collections Manager
REPORTING TO: US Admin & Finance Mgr.
LOCATION: US Corporate Office-Brownsburg, IN. USA.
HOUR’s: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Responsible for overseeing the day to day credit authorization, collection of accounts receivable, various month end responsibilities including balancing/reconciling accounts and supervision of staff. Continuously evaluates processes and procedures of this department and implementing changes if necessary. Assist the Operations Managers in providing support to the Operating partners and corporate operations.
• Collections – Supervising the following items
o Lead, manage, develop and train team of collections staff.
o Monitoring outstanding balances over 30 days and reporting to outlying offices on a monthly basis.
o Regular phone contact with customers to assure payment, eliminate problems and verify information. Ensure that all customer gets touched by one of our collectors each month, preferably by phone.
o Run and review statements, mailout collection letters as necessary.
o Send charge back letters to franchisees on accounts deemed uncollectible.
o File mechanics and pre liens as required by law or on an as needed basis.
o Mechanics Lien waivers, (conditional and unconditional),including notary stamps as required.
o Follow-up on NSF checks for replacements.
o Assist Accounting Manager with unapplied cash.. Collectors should follow-up with their customer base for direction and application.
o Establishing accounts for new customers, evaluating credit worthiness and running credit reports.
o Periodic review of accounts that exceed pre-established limits.
• Maintain outstanding aged receivable report and review with US Admin & Finance Manager monthly by 10 days after month end.
• Maintain Bad Debt allowance account, evaluate accounts to be turned over to 3rd party collection agencies, monitor agency’s progress, and maintain COD customer list.
• Process write-offs in accounting system and create file for follow-up.
• Manage credit status of write-offs.
• Provide reports and support to Corporate Controller.
• Manage bankruptcy files, file claims as appropriate.
• Work with legal counsel on accounts in legal status.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a fast paced credit and collections department, 3 of which in a supervisory capacity.
• Degree in finance or related direct education certificate or relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
• Must be a results driven, hands on manager willing to make credit/collection calls daily.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment and to work under deadlines.
• The ability to handle and resolve conflict in a professional manner.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in excel.
• Experience working in accounting related software.
• Motivational leadership style.
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to perform detail oriented work.
• Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.