Senior Director of Operations – West Operating Center
Denver, CO. | Weatherford, Dallas, Houston, TX. | or | Oklahoma City, OK.
The Senior Director of Operations, West Operating Center, will report directly to the COO of Badger Daylighting. The Senior Director of Operations will be responsible for growing, managing and directing the Business Development and Operations in their appropriate Operating Center for Badger. The emphasis will be on developing the organization needed for continuous improvement of the Operations and Development, to achieve strong long term growth and maximum financial returns to the company. The Senior Director of Operations must develop objectives, strategy and standards of performance for the regional organization and also secure and lead a solid management team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Senior Director of Operations are as follows:
- Develop and lead the organization within their respective Operating Center required to continuously improve Operations and Business Development and meet Badger’s growth objectives.
- Confer with the COO and Management team to develop and implement a growth strategy for the US operations and each Region. Developing appropriate strategy and ensuring it is implemented is critical to the success of Badger.
- Overall management of the operations and ensure activities are in accordance with the standards, policies and objectives of Badger. These include quality, health and safety, legal, environmental and other normal requirements.
- Work with Safety personnel to ensure Badger safety policies and procedures are being followed and enhanced as required. Safety should be utilized as a competitive advantage.
- Be the focal point for Business Development. Work with VP of BD, Directors, RM’s and BD personnel to ensure we have an efficient and effective approach to Business Development.
- Prepare operating budgets with management and assume full responsibility for achieving these budgets.
- Provide sound fiscal management and leadership for the operations ensuring long term growth and profitability. Badger practices a value for cost mentality.
- Plan procedures, establish responsibilities, and coordinate functions among departments. Ensure everyone understands the expectations and has a plan at the Area and Regional level to achieve safe sustainable growth.
- Effectively communicate with customers, regional managers and operating partners as required in an effort to support continuous improvement and operations.
- Work with administration and personnel departments to ensure appropriate support is provided to the operations and that the operation is supporting the efforts of these departments.
- Provide direction to the service group and monitor the truck fleet condition and expenses to ensure appropriate decisions are being made and the fleet is kept in good condition.
- Ensure the development and effectiveness of a strong operations management group through clear, direct communication and leadership concerning performance expectations, productivity and accountability.
Given the significant responsibilities this individual will have to ensure the successful future growth, development and profitability of the company, it is essential the individual have the following skills, attributes and experience.
- Proven ability to attract, develop and grow an organization capable of growing the business long term.
- A successful management track record in an operations type role relevant to this position.
- A minimum of 15 years of related work experience, with current duties that include significant management responsibilities including profit and loss. Related work experience should involve utilities, large plants, construction or maintenance.
- The ability to create a positive environment based on mutual respect and trust with employees, operating partners and key stakeholders.
- A high energy, strong service business focus and comfort level with dealing with customers with a variety of backgrounds.
- Results orientation and self-motivated with drive and determination to make tough decisions and overcome a variety of obstacles.
- Good chemistry with company values.
To learn more about Badger Daylighting please visit http://badgerinc.com/
Badger Daylighting Corp offers competitive compensation packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Badger Daylighting Corp offers a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching 401k program and Paid Time Off. Badger Daylighting Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.