The Senior Accountant supports most aspects of the accounting department. The senior accountant will have a wide variety of exposure as they will be responsible for journal entry preparation, GL reconciliations; prepare financial reports, and tax compliance, ensuring our accounting processes are being performed to a high standard. They will be instrumental in our month-end close process. The senior accountant will directly support and impact our regional and area managers by being involved with leases, fixed assets, providing regular and ad hoc financial reporting timely, and assisting them when they have P&L questions.
- Assist with Month End close and preparation of month-end reports
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations and journal entries
- Prepare key financial reports used by management, including weekly and monthly revenue and costs reports.
- Ensure excise tax payments are made timely and quarterly returns are filed with IRS timely.
- Prepare Sales Tax returns for appropriate states, ensure that company stays in compliance, and reconcile activity to GL each month.
- Prepare all Personal Property Tax returns for US operations, as needed
- Assists in updating and maintaining Fixed Assets, including recording purchases, disposals, depreciation, and reconciling monthly
- Prepare G&A allocations to US operating areas including overheard, insurance, and depreciation for fleet units.
- Maintain property lease and general agreements for entire company. Ensure leases are ready for Finance Manager Review and signature. This also includes being proactive on expiring leases and working with field manager on renewals.
- Assist US Accounting Manager and US Finance/Administration Manager with audits (internal and external), as necessary.
- Assist team with other project or process improvement initiatives.
- Reports to accounting manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Strong PC skills – Accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word are required.
- 2-5 years related public accounting or corporate accounting experience
- The successful candidate will have a professional, positive attitude and lead by example.
- Self-starter, willing to grow and learn
- Must possess problem solving and analytical skills along with a strong personality that is able to relate to a variety of personalities.
- Must be extremely organized with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to adapt to a variety of individuals and situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Badger Daylighting Corp offers competitive compensation packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Badger Daylighting Corp offers a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching 401k program and Paid Time Off. Badger Daylighting Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.