Bay Area or Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Regional Manager is responsible for developing, managing and growing Badger’s business in the assigned Region.
• Development and subsequent implementation (after approval) of operational and business plan for the Region. This plan includes identification of key market areas, key industry segments, operating partner or corporate location requirements, operational and finance planning plus human resource.
• Grow Badger’s business in the Region at an aggressive pace ensuring the foundation is built for long term success. This requires identification of key market areas of solid sustainable business and then finding the right local manager to grow the business and manage the local trucks.
• Continue to expand the need for Badger’s Hydrovac services through education, awareness and market development to provide sustained growth.
• Ensure the region is profitable by adding value when making decisions on cost.
• Work with the U.S. Finance and Administration Manager to ensure financial planning, controls and information is adequate. Must prepare budget for region and follow it throughout the year.
• Ensure the fleet management program is carried out in the region.
• Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards in the region.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS /KEY QUALITIES:
• 10+ years’ experience preferred in the following industries
o Vacuum / Pump Trucks
o Commercial Underground Construction
o Trucking/Fleet Management
o Sewer / Water Line
o Underground Utilities
o Equipment Rentals
• 5+ years full Profit and Loss management experience
• Multi-unit Management responsibility
• Sales Experience
• Strong Understanding of Asset Utilization to achieve profitability
• Excellent Communications Skills
• Union Experience if area requires it
• Excellent Customer Service
• Multi-state responsibility
• Leadership, Mentoring and Training
• Dedicated and Self-directed
• High Energy, Ambitious and Entrepreneurial Personality
• 60% travel requirement
An Equal Opportunity Employer