Recruiting Specialist – Canada
Badger Daylighting is looking for a Recruiting Specialist based out of the Calgary office. Reporting to the Recruitment Manager this position will be responsible for sourcing and recruiting open positions throughout Canada. The Recruiting Specialist will research and incorporate recruiting trends and strive to be an ambassador for the Badger brand at ever interaction.
- Establish recruiting requirements by understanding organizational plans and objectives; communicate with managers to discuss needs and track open/filled positions.
- Perform full cycle recruiting for open positions throughout Canada.
- Build Applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, employment agencies, media, internet sites, and educational institutions. Provide organization information, opportunities, benefits overview, build rapport, and make presentations.
- Develop a strong local network of contacts in order to develop a strong talent pool.
- Determine applicant qualifications by studying job descriptions and job qualifications.
- Attract applicants by placing job advertisements, newspaper ads, job sites, social media, requesting referrals and networking.
- Screen applicants on a consistent set of qualifications, analyze responses, verify references and compare job requirements to qualifications.
- Forward qualified applicants to appropriate hiring manager and set interviews.
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers.
- Provide candidate updates and follow applicant status through the entire candidate experience.
- Represent the company at job fairs as needed.
- Participate in conference calls.
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as necessary or assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Previous 5 years recruiting experience.
- Ability to work independently; take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to adapt to a variety of individual situations and various communication styles.
- Must comply with all Federal, Provincial and Local privacy regulations.
- Must be extremely organized and able to multi-task.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is required. Strong Excel skills preferred.
- Must thrive in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to set and achieve goals and deadlines.
- Must have a people personality and enjoy talking on the phone. This is an entry-level recruiting position.
- Must be flexible to travel as required.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, or alters the at-will status of this position.
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. There is an RRSP matching program, and a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability and Life. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.