Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations and their surrounding areas. Badger Daylighting is a publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
Operations Supervisor – Carlyle, SK.
Based in Carlyle, SK, and reporting to the Area Manager, this position is responsible for monitoring and motivating employees, supporting crews, ensuring all safety protocols are being followed, managing assets, and participating in jobsite customer service. The preferred candidate would be familiar hydrovac trucks or other related equipment and be able to aid in the growth of the business. This highly motivated individual must be personable and have exceptional attention to detail. Required skills must include the ability to remain organized, proficiently operate a pickup truck with 16 foot flat deck trailer as well as possess excellent leadership and communication abilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck.
• Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards in the area. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry.
• Develop a strong team approach with employees by providing strong leadership to staff in the area with regular feedback on performance and measurement of objectives. Continue to build on an already exceptional team.
• Assist with mechanical repairs as necessary
• Field sales and business development
• Maintain existing customer relationships and establish new prospects
• Coordination and dispatching of the Hydrovac units
• Training operators and assistant operators
• Monitor, motivate, and lead field operations
• All operational aspects of the business
• Perform other duties as necessary.
• A minimum of 5 years of supervision experience is required
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate well to a wide variety of people (office and field)
• Oil & Gas, Utility or Construction background. Oil & gas experience and contacts an asset
• Preference for 5+ years of operating Hydrovac, Combo or Vac trucks preferred.
• Class 1 or 3 license mandatory
• Sales and business development experience an asset
• Basic computer & organizational skills
• Positive attitude and willing to take on new challenges
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong business acumen, and a strong customer service orientation to build strong long term value-added relationships
• The ability manage and eventually hire a team of hydrovac crews including operators and assistant operators
• Professional approach to business
• Must be able to pass Drug and Alcohol testing
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
Badger Daylighting Ltd offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those considered will be contacted.Apply Online