Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services extensively throughout Canada and the USA. Badger Daylighting is a publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
Materials Handler – Red Deer Manufacturing Plant
Based in Red Deer, the Materials Handler is responsible for sorting out parts and putting them where they need to be. Reporting to the Materials Manager, the Materials Handler is responsible to ensure seamless processing of incoming items. The successful candidate understands the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of getting parts where they need to be. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position. Yard maintenance is a large part of this job.
- Willingness to follow Badger’s best practices with focus on ‘Best Operator, Best Truck’.
- Must possess and exhibit a strong safety acumen.
- Maintain filing of receiving documents.
- Accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Picking parts for kits and distribute.
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Working experience in Material Handling role, 2 years minimum preferred.
- Have working knowledge of warehouse operations.
- Have the ability to read schedules for distribution of parts.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Working knowledge of safe packing methods.
- Forklift experience required.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Ability to lift heavier objects. (up to 75 lbs)
- Able to adapt to the elements to work in the yard.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. There is also an RRSP matching program, as well as a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability and Life. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.