Internal Communications Advisor
Reporting to the Vice-President Human Resources, the Internal Communications Advisor is responsible for providing internal communications support for the organization in a manner that supports and strengthens the Badger brand and supports our core values; develops and manages multiple communication channels, projects and employee recognition efforts.
We are looking for a professional with strong knowledge of communication best practice for planning, writing and executing a variety of strategic internal communications. The successful candidate will be innovative, resourceful and creative, and possess strong written and spoken communication skills. They will also have excellent interpersonal skills, and have a positive and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Creating a central contact point for internal communications questions and support.
- Communications activities to support launching and engagement with the Strategic Plan including the creation of materials, holding town halls, creating electronic messaging, and communicating updates from the Executive Team.
- Developing an Internal Communications Plan that outlines the needs of the audience(s) and identifying the corporate message and tone, including channel identification and criteria for use and means of measurement.
- Ensuring organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees
- Developing creative, engaging and sector leading ideas for enhancing the effectiveness of internal communications.
- Writing speeches and scripts for events, presentations and videos for the senior management team.
- Planning, editing and writing content for a variety of internal communications media, such as intranet, social media, e-newsletters, email announcements and updates.
- Supporting parts of the business in the development of campaign or project focused internal communication plans.
- Working with other parts of the business as an expert advisor on issues related to internal communications.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in the field of internal communications, in particular ensuring that the Badger remains current with its social media engagement.
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of internal communications activities and recommending future improvements.
- Developing messages for internal audiences that support Badger’s strategic direction and align with its’ key messages.
- Bachelor degree in Communications Studies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an internal communications role
- Experience and formal training in employee communication or engagement
- Communications experience in a faced-paced growth organization
- Valid passport
- Ability to travel as required
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.