Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 120 US and Canadian locations and their surrounding areas. Badger Daylighting is a publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
HSE Advisor, Fort McMurray, AB.
Badger Daylighting is looking for an HSE Advisor to support our Fort McMurray location. Reporting to the Area Manager, the HSE Advisor will enhance and administer the Regional Safety Program, assist employees with clear understanding of responsibilities and specific requirements to comply with Badger’s Safety Program. Assist Area Managers and clients to ensure they understand our safety program. This position is classified as a safety sensitive position and as such adherence to Badger’s strict D&A policy is required.
Continuously improve the Regional Safety program which includes; client relations, regularly scheduled audits, complete annual unit field inspections, incident investigations, Transport Canada compliance, insurance liability and worker compensation claims.
- Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck.
- Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry.
- Support area office personnel to implement the safety program.
- Establish regular inspection schedules for the region.
- Conduct bi-annual field office audits and ensure follow up and corrective actions are complete.
- Complete unit field inspections with operations personnel and enhance safety culture and safety presence on the jobsites.
- Oversee regional insurance and workers compensation claims.
- Assist in incident/accident investigations, analysis, root cause, preparation of reports; complete incident summaries and management follow up.
- Prepare monthly inspections, audits and claims reports to Regional and Corporate Management.
- Maintain regional logbook compliance records and retention. Audit 10% of driver logs monthly to ensure Transport Canada compliance.
- Work with our area managers and clients to support Badger’s efforts to provide a safe efficient service.
- Be able to work Monday to Friday, with the availability to be on call during the weekends.
- Knowledge of Canadian & Provincial safety and environmental regulations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Top Customer Service
- Leadership, Mentoring, Training
- 1 year of Hands-on Field Experience, preferably in the Hydrovac Industry
- NCSO Designation Required, OH&S Certificate a plus
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of industry safety training
- Dedicated and Self-directed
- Ability to pass pre-employment Drug & Alcohol screening
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Be able to work Monday to Friday, with availability to be on call during the weekends and after hours
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.