Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 120 US and Canadian locations and their surrounding areas. Badger Daylighting is a publicly traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
Badger Daylighting is looking for an HSE Advisor to support Eastern Canada. Reporting to the Corporate HSE Manager and based in Vaugh, ON., the HSE Advisor will enhance and administer the Regional Safety Program, assist Area Managers with clear understanding of responsibilities and specific requirements to comply with Badger’s Safety Program. Assist Area Managers and clients to ensure they understand our safety program. This position is classified as a safety sensitive position and as such adherence to Badger’s strict D&A policy is required.
Continuously improve the Regional Safety program which includes; client relations, regularly scheduled audits, complete annual unit field inspections, incident investigations, Transport Canada compliance, insurance liability and worker compensation claims.
- Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck.
- Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry.
- Support area office personnel to implement the safety program.
- Establish regular inspection schedules for the region.
- Conduct bi-annual field office audits and ensure follow up and corrective actions are complete.
- Complete unit field inspections with operations personnel and enhance safety culture and safety presence on the jobsites.
- Oversee regional insurance and workers compensation claims.
- Assist in incident/accident investigations, analysis, root cause, preparation of reports; complete incident summaries and management follow up.
- Prepare monthly inspections, audits and claims reports to Regional and Corporate Management.
- Maintain regional logbook compliance records and retention. Audit 10% of driver logs monthly to ensure Transport Canada compliance.
- Work with our area managers and clients to support Badger’s efforts to provide a safe efficient service.
- 5+ years’ experience preferred in any one of the following Industries:
- Vacuum, Pump Trucks
- Commercial Underground Construction
- Underground Utilities
- Oil and Gas
- Equipment Rentals
- Knowledge of Canadian & Provincial safety and environmental regulations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Top Customer Service
- Leadership, Mentoring, Training
- Hands-on Field Experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of industry safety training
- Dedicated and Self-directed
- Ability to pass pre-employment Drug & Alcohol screening
- Able to travel, mainly throughout Southern Ontario, 60 to 70% of the time
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. There is also a Bonus program, RRSP matching program, as well as a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability and Life. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.