HR Manager – Central & East, USA.
The HR Manager US is a partner to the business in executing the people strategy to support the organization and implementation of key company initiatives. The HR Manager supports all people strategies including coaching, career development, internal movement, retention strategies, talent acquisition strategies and succession planning. Through execution of the HR strategy, the HR Manager will support the business in achieving its’ Business Strategy.
The HR Manager US provides advice and counsel in identifying, evaluating and resolving human resources issues, plans and implements all phases of human resources activity by personally performing or managing a team to handle the following duties
Drive Talent Development
- Works closely with the leadership team and other services in HR to ensure the right people with the right skills and the right behaviors are in place in order to successfully meet business goals.
- Leverages other resources to provide appropriate training to close identified skill gaps.
- Serves as coach to the Management team to enhance the effectiveness of their leadership style and increase engagement of their teams.
- Ensures the consistent use of the Performance Management Process to drive accountability and elevate talent within the region.
- Assist with employee training and development programs as needed.
- Work with managers to implement effective on-boarding processes.
- Focus on driving company culture, reducing turnover and increasing employee satisfaction.
- Participates in the interview process for critical/key positions.
- Leads the mindset that “recruitment is everyone’s responsibility” in order to reduce open jobs and time-to-fill.
- Manage the L1B Visa process for candidates coming into the US
- Provides guidance and support to the business regarding HR employment legislation and standards as well as the application of Corporate Policies and Programs including Disability Management, and Labor Relations.
- Works closely with Managers, local unions, and labor relations subject matter experts to identify early resolution opportunities in order to improve union relations and reduce overall grievances. Promotes the day-to-day application of Labor Agreements, National policies and directives in a manner consistent with corporate objectives.
- Coaches and supports Managers in the Performance Management process including calibrations; performance management plans; performance improvement plans; probationary reports and provides advice on development plans in order to foster performance improvement.
- Conducts follow up where needed and holds Manager’s accountable for proactively managing their teams’ performance.
- Coaches Manager’s on attendance, accommodation and other HR processes/policies.
- Must understand EEOC and Affirmative Action compliance and have the ability to assist in any legal matters and investigations.
Drive HR Operational Excellence
- Identifies change management issues and works with the business leaders and HR Centers of Excellence to develop and execute change management strategies.
- Ensures effective rollout and implementation of corporate HR initiatives.
- Effectively utilizes internal experts in labor relations, benefits, compensation, etc to ensure company is compliant with company-wide HR policies and procedures.
- Assists the business in understanding relevant HR metrics, (e.g. in areas such as attendance, employee relations, recruitment, workplace conflict, grievances, etc…) in order to assist them in identifying causal relationships and to develop local strategies to improve.
- Leverages Centers of Excellence on an as needed basis.
- Maintains a network of internal and external contacts to regularly benchmark and remain current on future trends and developments related to industry practices, legislation, guidelines and programs related to HR. Participates in HR associations and events, in order to remain current and promote the Badger brand.
- 4 year degree preferred.
- Min 8 years of experience in human resources as a generalist with experience in the following areas: Health & Safety, Labor Relations, Human Rights, Disability Management, Employee Relations.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is a definite asset.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of employment legislation, HR trends, issues and best practices.
- Solid track record of building relationships at all levels and proving pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs.
- Demonstrated past experience supporting team leaders in conducting investigations to resolution.
- Experience managing ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of strategies across multiple geographies in partnership with Leadership.
- Experience using data and analytics to provide recommendations to the business.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Strong experience with employee coaching and development.
- PHR/SPHR designation considered an asset
- Ability to travel as required (30%)
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, or alters the at-will status of this position.Apply Online