Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services extensively throughout Canada and the USA. Badger Daylighting is a publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
Final Assembly Mechanic- Red Deer, AB
Badger Daylighting is currently recruiting for an entry level, Final Assembly Mechanic at our Red Deer Manufacturing plant. The Assembly Mechanic is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical building of heavy trucks. We are looking for an individual that is mechanical minded and has experience in assembly and/or repair of vehicles or other types of equipment. Training of our product will be provided.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Diagnose defects in heavy duty equipment
- Installation of new and added-on equipment
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Accurate completion of work orders and time cards
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Other assigned work as required
- Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck
- Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards in the area. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry
- 1-2 years of related experience.
- Must have own work boots, tools and tool box (list can be provided)
- Have a valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics and electrical, including schematics and diagnostics
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure both in a team and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Computer literate
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.