Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations and their surrounding areas. Badger Daylighting is a publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
Dispatcher– Vaughan, ON.
Badger Daylighting is currently seeking a Dispatcher to join the largest Hydrovac business in North America at our Vaughan location. The Badger Hydrovac system is a non-destructive method of excavating using pressurized water and a vacuum system to quickly, safely and cleanly excavate around underground utilities and pipelines in the oil & gas, utility and municipal sectors.
The Dispatcher is responsible for the scheduling and dispatch of drivers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles for conveyance of materials, freight, service, or emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business. The Dispatcher’s responsibilities also consist of overseeing other dispatchers, assigning drivers to trucks and providing accurate directions to work location. The role includes providing support in a fast paced, high call volume office environment and will assist in completing operational and data entry tasks as necessary in a timely and accurate manner.
- Schedule and dispatch trucks with the goal to book the most timely service possible
- Direct the pickup and delivery activities of drivers
- Provide accurate directions for our services
- Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors using telephones or two-way radios.
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
- Arrange for necessary repairs in order to restore service and schedules.
- Manage a real-time transportation database reflecting rates, equipment, origin/destination pairs, fuel surcharges, carrier insurance, etc
- Receive and process Hydrovac requirement requests from customers
- Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required
- 2-3 years dispatch experience mandatory
- High school diploma or GED required
- College program in logistics or equivalent business related experience preferred
- Transportation industry knowledge and experience an asset (i.e. shipping/receiving, scheduling, freight negotiations and regulatory requirements)
- Advanced computer skills – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Able to work well under pressure
- Flexible, able to deal with change
- Strong attention to detail
- Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be able to pass pre – employment drug and alcohol testing
Badger Daylighting Ltd offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants but only those considered will be contacted.