Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations and their surrounding areas. Badger Daylighting is a publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
Dispatcher– Grande Prairie, AB.
Badger Daylighting is currently seeking a Dispatcher to join the largest Hydrovac business in North America at our Grande Prairie location. The Badger Hydrovac system is a non-destructive method of excavating using pressurized water and a vacuum system to quickly, safely and cleanly excavate around underground utilities and pipelines in the oil & gas, utility and municipal sectors.
The Dispatcher is responsible for the scheduling and dispatch of drivers, work crews, hydrovac, vac trucks & water trucks. The Dispatcher’s responsibilities consist of providing accurate directions to work location with the proper amount of time. The role includes providing support in a fast paced, high call volume office environment and will assist in completing operational and data entry tasks as necessary in a timely and accurate manner.
- Schedule and dispatch trucks with the goal to book the most timely service possible
- Provide accurate directions for our services
- Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, to appropriate locations according to requests, specifications, or needs.
- Ensure hours of service is being followed and adhered to.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
- Ensure workers have received the proper training for the work site before being dispatched.
- Relay work orders and repairs required to units to mechanics.
- Promote safety on a daily basis.
- Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required
- 2-3 years dispatch experience mandatory
- Must have a strong understanding and vast knowledge of Grande Prairie and surrounding area
- High school diploma or GED required
- College program in logistics or equivalent business related experience preferred
- Transportation industry knowledge and experience an asset.
- Advanced computer skills – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Able to work well under pressure
- Flexible, able to deal with change
- Strong attention to detail
- Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be able to pass pre – employment drug and alcohol testing
Badger Daylighting Ltd offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants but only those considered will be contacted.