Red Deer, AB.
Badger Daylighting is currently seeking a professional Design Engineer to join the design and manufacturing group at our Red Deer location. The Badger Hydrovac system is a non-destructive method of excavating using pressurized water and a vacuum system to quickly, safely and cleanly excavate around underground utilities and pipelines in the oil & gas, utility and municipal sectors.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for the development and design of Hydro Excavation Vacuum Trucks. Responsibilities will include the preparation of CAD models, FEA simulations, manufacturing drawings, work closely with manufacturing, and ensure designs conform to applicable standards and regulations.
- Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck
- Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, perform engineering calculations, specification sheets and CAD models
- Complete documentation and create drawing packages
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
- Participate as a member of the design team during brain storming sessions and concept work
- Respond quickly to the shop floor’s needs in response to addressing issues that may surface during production regarding the manufacturing spec., bills of material, or routings
- Participate in cross-functional, continuous improvement teams as the opportunity presents itself.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited University
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGA
- 5-10 years of 3D CAD experience, including standardized drafting practices (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience as a PDM CAD administrator would be beneficial but not required
- Background in FEA with a focus on CFD would be beneficial but not required
- Experience designing mechanical components and assemblies in a fast paced environment
- Ability to develop accurate manufacturing specs in a timely manner
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to take ‘concept’ to reality
- Willingness to learn from ones mistakes, take responsibility and not afraid to ask for help
- Strong brainstorming skills with an ability to create innovative solutions; an out of the box thinker
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training
- Conviction to improve personally and support continuous improvement in the department and company as a whole
- Strong working knowledge of common software packages (MS Office, Acrobat, etc.)
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanour
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must undergo pre-employment screening including drug and alcohol testing, criminal background check, etc.
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. There is also a RRSP matching program, as well as a comprehensive benefits program which includes health, dental, disability and life. You can apply through the website or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit a cover letter, resume and a portfolio of your past projects.