Badger Daylighting Corp is looking for a Contracts Specialist based out of the Brownsburg, IN office. Reporting to the National Accounts/Contract Manager this position will be responsible for reviewing contents of project-specific construction subcontract agreements and make necessary changes in order for work to be performed. The individual in this role will negotiate with customer revisions to subcontract agreements. Assist the National Accounts/Contracts Manager and US Finance/Administration Manager in providing support to corporate operations.
- Review contract agreements for items that need to be revised ensure Badger’s best interests and to be in compliance with work being done on jobsite.
- Process OCIP forms, insurance certificates, etc. as needed for contracts and log. Forward information to appropriate person within Badger whom handles the OCIP tracking and reporting.
- Review large Bids/RFP’s and provide recommendations to field management.
- Follow-up on emails and calls to customers as needed to complete files.
- Works with HSE Manager to ensures all safety and alcohol policy areas of contracts have been reviewed and completed.
- Request Performance and/or Payment Bonds as needed/required for contracts and log all.
- Review contract with National Accounts/Contracts Manager for approval during training period. Goal is to give broader authority to approve and sign contracts without review by National Accounts/Contracts Manager.
- Review requested information and ensure that all information in file has been prepared by Contract Clerk, as requested and required by customer.
- When heavy work load occurs, assist Contract Clerk in maintaining individual Customer logs of all contracts, weekly log of all contract items. Process purchase orders, work orders, pre-qualifications, vendor registrations. Assist with providing follow up for returned contracts, scanning and filing contracts upon final receipt.
- Assist area managers with information as needed.
- Filing, administrative support, and answering telephone as necessary.
- Assist National Accounts/Contracts Manager and US Admin & Finance Mgr. with special projects as time allows.
- College Degree in relative field or high school diploma with relative work experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of two years’ experience reviewing and executing contracts for approval in a construction environment preferred.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and have an excellent ability to focus on the task on hand.
- Must have a positive attitude and a self-motivated work ethic.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines with accurate work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills in order to handle the high volume and detailed tasks associated with this position.
Badger Daylighting Corp offers competitive compensation packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Badger Daylighting Corp offers a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching 401k program and Paid Time Off. Badger Daylighting Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.