Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 120 US and Canadian locations and their surrounding areas. Badger Daylighting is a publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
Business Manager – Shoring
Based in Central Alberta (Red Deer / Edmonton), the Business Manager – Shoring is responsible for planning and implementing comprehensive internal and external programs that increase revenue and profits. This role is in a key position to formulate innovative business development strategies throughout Western Canada. The Business Manager – Shoring will form productive and sustainable relationships with external business partners and the community to ensure the ongoing success of our operations.
- Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck.
- Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry.
- Promote the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally
- Grow the Shoring Division in Western Canada. The focus on this position is Business Development and the profitable growth of this division.
- A strong field sales focus with extensive time in the field.
- Utilize all available tools to identify and develop potential sales leads for the organization
- Development of the initial client relationship, contracts and bid process, closure and follow up while providing direct feedback to the operations team
- Internally, develop a collaborative environment and strong relationships with the Business Development team and field operations to expand services and leverage success from one area/project to other areas and projects
- Assist Area Managers in developing strong relationships with target accounts to create repeat revenue for the region. Continue to expand the need for Badger’s Shoring and Hydrovac services through education, awareness and market development to provide sustained growth. Leverage the distribution network available through our hydrovac operations.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of services, act as a resource for internal and external inquiries
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Work with the existing team to strengthen the Shoring Division
- Assist in the creation of marketing campaigns for services and Coordinate field events such as industry trade shows, conferences, presentations and seminars with the support of the Marketing Manager
- Financial responsibility for the division
- Enhance inventory and administration processes
- Other assignments as necessary
- Extensive travel required throughout Alberta (approx. 60% of the time)
- Class 5 license is essential
- Working experience managing in the Shoring / Hydrovac, equipment rental or excavation/construction industry preferred
- Minimum 5 years working experience in sales and business development
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Oil and gas industry and or utility industry and or general contractors and a related network of contacts mandatory
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently
- Proven track record with service companies and developing new customers and new markets
- Excellent organizational, strategic, customer service, planning and implementing skills
- Ability to process vague, abstract verbal and written instructions to create effective plans
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal skills
- Able to interact effectively with management, the public and staff
- Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required
- Ability to multi task and follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Must be able to pass Drug & Alcohol screening
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. There is also a Bonus program, RRSP matching program, Company Truck, Laptop & Phone with this position. As well as a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability and Life. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Online