Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations and their surrounding areas. Badger Daylighting is a publicly traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
Business Development Representative – North GTA/Simcoe County, Ontario., ON.
Based in North GTA/Simcoe County, Ontario, the Business Development Representative is responsible for planning and implementing comprehensive internal and external programs that increase revenue and profits. This role is in a key position to formulate innovative business development strategies in this area. The Business Development Representative will form productive and sustainable relationships with external business partners and the community to ensure the ongoing success of our operations. Achieves budget targets in both revenue and department expense categories, and provide guidance in the field of accounting.
- Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck.
- Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry.
- A strong field sales focus
- Development of the initial client relationship, contracts and bid process, closure and follow up while providing direct feedback to the operations team
- Internally, develop strong relationships with the BD team and field operations to expand services and leverage success from one area/project to other areas and projects
- Develop a collaborative environment between the business development team and field operations. Assist Area Managers in developing strong relationships with target accounts to create repeat revenue for the region. Continue to expand the need for Badger’s Hydrovac services through education, awareness and market development to provide sustained growth.
- Promote the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally
- Maintain and develop knowledge of services, act as a resource for internal and external inquiries
- Utilize all available tools to identify and develop potential sales leads for the organization
- Assist in the creation of marketing campaigns for services
- Coordinate field events such as industry trade shows, conferences, presentations and seminars
- Be on call, as required
- Other assignments as necessary
- Travel required throughout the Region
- Working experience in the Hydrovac or industrial service industry preferred
- 3-5 years experience in sales and business development
- Pipeline, construction, or rental equipment experience is mandatory
- Proven track record developing new customers and new markets
- Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, and achievement oriented
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills
- Ability to process vague, abstract verbal and written instructions to create effective plans
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal skills
- Able to work in a team environment, interact effectively with management, the public and staff
- Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment D&A Test
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. There is also a Bonus program, RRSP matching program, Company Truck, Laptop & Phone with this position. As well as a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability and Life. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.