Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations and their surrounding areas. Badger Daylighting is a publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
Business Development Representative – Northern British Columbia
Based in either Dawson Creek or Ft. St. John, BC, the Business Development Representative is responsible for planning and implementing comprehensive internal and external programs that increase revenue and expand our client list. This role is in a key position to formulate innovative business development strategies throughout Northern BC. The Business Development Representative will form productive and sustainable relationships with external business partners and the community to ensure the ongoing success of our operations.
- Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck.
- Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry.
- A strong field sales focus, with the ability to find and develop new customer relationships
- Development of the initial client relationship, contracts and bid process, closure and follow up while providing direct feedback to the operations team
- Internally, develop strong relationships with the BD team and field operations to expand services and leverage success from one area/project to other areas and projects
- Develop a collaborative environment between the business development team and field operations. Assist Area Managers in developing strong relationships with target accounts to create repeat revenue for the region. Continue to expand the need for Badger’s Hydrovac and other services through education, awareness and market development to provide sustained growth.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of services, act as a resource for internal and external inquiries
- Coordinate field events such as industry trade shows, conferences, presentations and seminars
- Other assignments as necessary
- Extensive travel required throughout Northern BC
- Working experience in the Hydrovac, industrial service, or utility industry preferred
- Minimum 5 years working experience in outside sales and business development
- Oil and gas industry and or utility industry and or general contractors and a related network of contacts mandatory
- Successful and proven track record with growing service companies and developing new customers and new markets
- Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, and achievement oriented
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal skills
- Ability to develop relationships across all levels
- Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required
- Must possess a valid class 5 license
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be able to pass drug & alcohol testing
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. There is also a Bonus program, RRSP matching program, Company Truck, Laptop & Phone with this position. As well as a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability and Life. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.