Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations and their surrounding areas. Badger Daylighting is a publicly traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
Area Manager – Fort McMurray, AB.
Badger Daylighting is currently seeking an Area Manager to join the largest Hydrovac business in North America in our Fort McMurray location. Reporting to the Northern Regional Manager, the Area Manager, is responsible for operations, safety, financial, and business development in a defined area. The preferred candidate would be familiar with hydrovac trucks or other related equipment and be able to grow the business. The candidate must have customer contacts within the territory and local applicants are strongly preferred. This is a great opportunity to grow the business with the support of a first class organization. We build our own Hydrovac trucks which are known to be the most productive and advanced on the market. You will be supported by Badger Daylighting’s Administration, Fleet, Safety, and Business Development departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck.
- Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards in the area. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry.
- All operational aspects of the business
- Implement and monitor Badger’s safety and fleet maintenance program
- Develop and manage a customer service program
- Assist with mechanical repairs as necessary
- Field sales and business development
- Maintain existing customer relationships and establish new prospects
- Develop a strong team approach with employees
- Coordination and dispatching of the Hydrovac units
- Training operators and supervisors
- Full Profit and Loss responsibility for the area
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- A minimum of 5+ years of Management experience with oversight of 30+ crews
- Oil & Gas, Utility or Construction background. Familiarity with Fort McMurray market.
- Preference for 5+ years of operating Hydrovac, Combo or Vac trucks
- Class 1 or 3 license preferred
- A strong safety background
- Sales and business development experience an asset
- Experience managing in a unionized environment
- Basic computer & organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen and customer service orientation to build strong long term value-added relationships
- The ability to hire and manage a team of hydrovac crews including operators and assistant operators
- Positive attitude and willing to take on new challenges
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to relate well to a wide variety of people (field and office)
- Professional approach to business
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. There is also a Bonus program, RRSP matching program, Company Truck, Laptop & Phone with this position. As well as a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability and Life. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants but only those considered will be contacted.