Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations and their surrounding areas. Badger Daylighting is a publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
Area Manager – Durham, ON.
Based in Durham, ON, and reporting to the Vice-President, this role is responsible for operations, safety, financial, and business development in a defined area. The preferred candidate would be familiar hydrovac trucks or other related equipment and be able to grow the business. The candidate needs to have customer contacts/location relationships within the territory therefore only local to the area need apply please. You will be supported by Badger Daylighting’s Administration, Fleet, Safety, and Business Development departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck.
- Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards in the area. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry.
- Implement and monitor Badger’s safety and fleet maintenance program
- Develop a strong team approach with employees by providing strong leadership to staff in the area with regular feedback on performance and measurement of objectives. Continue to build on an already exceptional team.
- All operational aspects of the business
- Develop and manage a customer service program
- Assist with mechanical repairs as necessary
- Field sales and business development
- Maintain existing customer relationships and establish new prospects
- Coordination and dispatching of the Hydrovac units
- Training operators and supervisors
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Strong business acumen, and a strong customer service orientation to build strong long term value-added relationships
- The ability to hire and manage a team of hydrovac crews including operators and assistant operators
- Previous experience managing in a union environment required.
- A minimum of 5+ years of Management experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate well to a wide variety of people (office and field)
- Oil & Gas, Utility or Construction background. Oil & gas experience and contacts an asset
- Preference for 5+ years of operating Hydrovac, Combo or Vac trucks
- Class 1 or 3 license mandatory
- Sales and business development experience an asset
- Basic computer & organizational skills
- Positive attitude and willing to take on new challenges
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Professional approach to business
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. There is also a Bonus program, RRSP matching program, Company Truck, Laptop & Phone with this position. As well as a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability and Life. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants but only those considered will be contacted.