Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations and their surrounding areas. Badger Daylighting is a publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
Area Manager – Whitecourt, AB.
Based in Whitecourt, AB, and reporting to the Regional Manager, this role is responsible for operations, safety, financial, and business development in the Whitecourt region. The preferred candidate would be familiar hydrovac trucks or other related equipment and be able to grow the business. The candidate needs to have customer contacts/location relationships within the territory therefore only local to the area need apply please. You will be supported by Badger Daylighting’s Administration, Fleet, Safety, and Business Development departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck
- Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards in the area. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry.
- All operational aspects of the business
- Implement and monitor Badger’s safety and fleet maintenance program
- Develop and manage a customer service program
- Assist with mechanical repairs as necessary
- Field sales and business development
- Maintain existing customer relationships and establish new prospects
- Develop a strong team approach with employees
- Coordination and dispatching of the Hydrovac units
- Training, mentoring, and managing operators and supervisors
- Full Profit and Loss responsibility for the area
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- A minimum of 10+ years of Management experience with full accountability for area of responsibility
- Previous experience managing a large team of 60 plus employees
- Preference for 5+ years of operating Hydrovac, Combo or Vac trucks
- Previous background in transportation, mobile equipment, and/or energy or construction service companies required
- Class 1 or 3 license preferred
- A strong safety background
- Sales and business development experience an asset
- Familiarity with Lloydminster market an asset
- Experience managing in a unionized environment
- Basic computer & organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen and customer service orientation to build strong long term value-added relationships
- The ability to hire and manage a team of hydrovac crews including operators and assistant operators
- Positive attitude and willing to take on new challenges
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to relate well to a wide variety of people (field and office)
- Professional approach to business
- Pre-employment D&A testing required
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. There is also a Bonus program, RRSP matching program, Company Truck, Laptop & Phone with this position. As well as a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability and Life. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants but only those considered will be contacted.Apply Online