Badger Daylighting Ltd™, (“Badger”) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 120 US and Canadian locations and their surrounding areas. Badger Daylighting is a publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’).
ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN – Accounts Payable
Badger Daylighting is currently seeking a full time permanent Accounting Technician for Accounts Payable. This position is based in Red Deer. The Accounting Technician manages a wide range of duties including processing and paying invoices, issuing electronic and cheque payments and clerical duties. We are looking for a person with a solid background in customer service, teamwork and communication.
- Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck.
- Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry.
- Receive and verify invoices and purchase orders to ensure they comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Data entry invoices for payment
- Prepare vendor cheques for mailing
- Prepare manual cheques when required
- Prepare electronic payment run twice per month
- Maintain vendor files
- Perform other related duties as required
- This position requires strong computer skills, good math skills, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and excellent communication skills
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable and ability to maintain general ledgers
- The accounting technician requires a high school diploma with a combination of accounting training and experience
- Strong work ethic
- Proficiency with office and accounting software. Sage 300 experience is an asset
- Solid Excel experience
- Strong analytical abilities
- Very effective organizational skills
- Pre-employment D&A testing required
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Badger Daylighting LP offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. There is also a Bonus program, RRSP matching program, as well as a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability and Life. For more information please see our website www.badgerinc.com. You may apply through the website or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply Online