Badger Shoring Systems is an industry leader in the design, engineering and supply of excavation shoring systems. These shoring products are used to ensure safe access to buried infrastructure by securing or “shoring” the walls of an excavated site.
Badger has pioneered a new concept in subsurface workspaces – the installation of shoring by Hydrovac. Using Badger Assisted Shoring Systems, the Hydrovac first daylights the buried line to confirm its location. The Hydrovac then pulls material from inside the cage to sink the shoring in place and secure the walls of the excavated site. The result is cost effective and safe access by regulatory standards to the buried infrastructure with minimal environmental impact.
Some of the anticipated benefits you will receive by incorporating the shoring into the hydrovac excavation process when required are:
- Provide shoring shields and cages
- Minimize the size of the excavation
- Minimal ground disturbance
- Maintains ground integrity
- Installation in limited access sites
- Prevents sloughing and cave-ins
- Lower restoration costs
- Safe access to buried infrastructure
- Reducing the amount of hydrovac time necessary to expose buried pipes when working in unstable ground conditions
- Enhance work site safety for all personnel that may need to enter the excavation.
Badger handles large scale shoring projects using steel cages
This lightweight aluminum cage is easily pulled out with a backhoe and disassembled. The entire site was excavated, serviced and restored in less than one eight hour day.