Potholing? We call it Daylighting
Some people call it potholing, while others prefer daylighting. Both terms refer to the process of exposing buried facilities by vacuum excavation. Badger’s daylighting service can enhance project safety, increase productivity, and lower costs.
In one example, a directional drilling contractor installed an average of 500’ of conduit per day when using air vacuum excavation to daylight utility conflicts. The same contractor hired Badger to daylight utility conflicts and increased daily production by over 300% (to 2,100’ of installed conduit per day).
Badger Daylighting helps customers get more done in less time.
- Visual confirmation of buried lines
- Directional drilling test holes
- Sacrificial anode installation
- Pipeline and utility crossings
- Subsurface Utility Engineering (S.U.E.) test holes